Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Emotional Eating


What Are Your Comfort Foods?




Emotional triggers are all round you. With the best will in the world you try your best to follow your eating plan and suddenly you find yourself in line at your favorite fast food joint thinking about those curly fries or tacos. What gives?




Professionals came up with a diagnosis for this problem. It is known as emotional eating. This is eating that may be brought on by stress in your life. Think about it in terms of the ABC's.
A - Antecedent...or anxiety that causes emotional eating
B - Behavior that occurs after the emotional trigger...I will eat french fries or chocolate and feel better.
C - Consequence...Now I feel guilty...and may be sick if I ate the wrong food for my diabetes.

Most of us are guilty of emotional eating. I never realized that I had been doing this for years until I became aware of the condition. Next time, think ABC and with a little self control you will be able to avoid the consequences of guilt and sickness that always follows.




Perhaps you might consider replacing food with a little prayer that gets you in touch with God who is the Great Comforter! BWD

No comments:

Post a Comment